The questionnaire below is one that I think I initially raised and had us both do. We even created mix-tapes to exchange with each other. Jamie took this and uses it in her class each year as a getting-to-know you exercise, as it really can reveal a lot about a person - music taste, attitude, outlook, thought processes, etc.
Mine has been updated and revised since that initial creation, but that's more a reflection of my relationship with music. My answer to favorite song always changes because it becomes more about what is speaking to me at the time. Plus, there has been a lot of new music that has been absorbed in the interim.
So, below, you will find the soundtrack to my life, if I got to score that movie. I would love to hear some of yours if you want to include in the comments below.
- Opening Credits - "Sing, You Sinners" by Tony Bennett & John Legend
- Waking Up - "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera
- Average Day - "That's Life" by Michael Buble
- First Date - "I Saw Her Standing There" by Matt Belsante
- Falling In Love - "When I Fall In Love" by Nat King Cole
- Love Scene - "Mine" by David Phelps
- Fight Scene - "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" by Cake
- Breaking Up - "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore" by Elton John
- Getting Back Together - "Lover You Should Have Come Over" by Jamie Cullum
- Secret Love - "You Don't Know Me" by Harry Connick, Jr.
- Life's Okay - "I've Got The World On A String" by Michael Buble
- Mental Breakdown - "Hurt" by Johnny Cash
- Driving - "Route 66" by John Mayer
- Learning A Lesson - "Some Lessons" by Melody Gardot
- Deep Thought - "Jesus, He Loves Me" by Edwin McCain
- Flashback - "Yesterday" by Eva Cassidy
- Partying - "Bourbon Street Parade" by Harry Connick, Jr.
- Happy Dance - "Jump In The Line" by Harry Belafonte
- Regretting - "Gravity" by John Mayer
- Long Night Alone - "I Get Along Without You Very Well" by Diana Krall
- Death Scene - "Angel Band" by David Phelps
- Closing Credits - "Good Night, Sleep Tight Medley" by Danny Kaye and Louis Armstrong
Post a Comment